Air2O utilises IDEC technology with a +9 COP and +30 EER. Delivering 100% fresh air, and energy saving up to 80% over compressor based systems.
When your project calls for the most efficient and environmentally responsible 100% Fresh Air Cooling system to any residential, commercial or industrial application, Air2O is a world leading next generation hybrid air conditioning system with unparalleled performance and eco credentials.
The way forward
Air2O is the next generation hybrid air conditioning system, utilising a unique combination of indirect and direct evaporative cooling to achieve 80% energy saving over Dx compressor based systems.
- Economical up to 80% saving on energy consumption.
- Environmentally friendly as no harmful gases are used in the process.
- 100% healthy, oxygen rich fresh air. No recycling stale air.
- Effective delivery with temperatures as low as 50°F (10°C)
Air2O’s unique ability to become hybrid and incorporate traditional Dx or chilled water cooling means Air2O can be employed the world over to provide energy efficient cooling without compromise.
An Air Conditioning system that utilizes IDEC technology with a +9 COP and +30 EER. Delivering 100% fresh air, and energy saving up to 80% over compressor based systems.
To save as much energy as possible Air2O air conditioning units can operate in three different stages: Free cooling, Direct evaporative cooling and Indirect/Direct evaporative cooling, depending on the outdoor temperature and relative humidity. The combination of these three stages maximises the energy savings.
Direct Evaporative Cooling
This cool water is then transferred to a high-efficiency heat exchanger, over which the primary outdoor air is passed, to deliver the first stage of cooling with no additional moisture. (The same concept can also be utilised to provide ultra-efficient heat recovery of air-conditioned buildings)
With direct evaporative cooling, outside air is blown through a water-saturated medium (usually cellulose) and cooled by evaporation. The cooled air is circulated by a fan.
Direct evaporative cooling adds moisture to the air stream close to saturation. Then dry bulb temperature is reduced, while the wet bulb temperature stays the same.
Indirect Evaporative Cooling
With indirect evaporative cooling, a secondary air stream is cooled by water. The cooled secondary air stream goes through a heat exchanger, where it cools the primary air stream. The cooled primary air stream is circulated by a fan.
The combination of these two stages delivers the highest performing evaporative cooling system available in the world today. Making it possible to replace compressor based DX systems with Indirect/Direct (IDEC) systems with a fraction of the power consumption.
Indirect evaporative cooling does not add moisture to the primary air stream.
What is IDEC Evaporative Cooling?
- IDEC Evaporative Cooling is a 2 stage evaporative cooling system
- Using potable water – (or Grey Water)
- 1st stage water is cooled via a indirect heat exchanger allowing us to pre cool the air with no added moisture at approx.80% efficiency
- 2nd stage is a direct evaporative cooling section achieving 95% efficiency
- This Combination means we can achieve 125% cooling of the wet bulb temperature with approx.50% less moisture
- Provides superior performance than conventional direct evaporative cooling approaches
- Significant Energy Savings
- Water consumption is very low
- DX or chilled water can be incorporated (Hybrid)
Features and benefits
- Built-in economiser function.
- High-efficiency direct drive plug fan.
- 24-volt control panel compatible with any external interface / control / Thermostat.
- Automated water quality management system, field
- adjustable for specific site requirements.
- Water limit switches for pump protection.
- UV filtration
- Penta Post construction
- Hybrid Intelligence
Air2O systems integrate several cost efficient technologies to deliver energy efficient cooling without compromise. Air2O has a unique ability to become hybrid and incorporate traditional refrigerant or chilled water-cooling coils.
Air2O’s equally unique and intelligent control system can automatically respond to external weather conditions, switching its cooling strategy from evaporative cooling to air-conditioning only when needed.
This ensures consistent performance, high efficiency and significant energy savings, meaning Air2O hybrid cooling technology can be applied anywhere in the world, providing energy efficient cooling without compromise.
Air2O CRS System Variants
Air2O’s Standard CRS series offers a range of packaged IDEC (Indirect-Direct Evaporative Cooling) systems providing efficient cooling at up to 80% less energy than traditional Dx systems, with zero GWP, CFC’S and HFC’s.
Air2O technology has the unique ability to become hybrid, and the Hybrid (H) CRS series offers a range of packaged fully hybrid IDEC (Indirect-Direct Evaporative Cooling) units incorporating a traditional Dx refrigerant system, providing efficient cooling at up to 80% less energy than conventional stand-alone Dx systems,
Air2O’s Energy Recover (ER) CRS series, offers a range of packaged IEC (Indirect Evaporative Cooling) Energy Recovery systems, providing ultra efficient energy recovery.
Air2O’s Semi Hybrid (SH) CRS series offer a range of packaged IDEC (Indirect-Direct Evaporative Cooling) systems incorporating a chilled water or hot water coil to provide a truly year round solution whilst consuming up to 80% less energy than traditional systems.
Find out more on the Air2O website